Due to continued growth within the northern Infrastructure & Energy team, our Leeds office has an exciting and varied Energy role for an experienced proactive individual. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong negotiation skills and industry knowledge to join an expanding team. The individual will lead on the identification, negotiation, acquisition and development of energy projects across the UK. Our services include Land Assembly, Grid Consultancy, Planning & Consenting, Energy Brokerage, Asset Management, Development Consultancy, Valuation & Due Diligence and Agency & Investment.
- Identifying sites, landowners and infrastructure routes.
- Screening of potential energy development sites and advising on opportunities.
- Grid connection screening and advisory.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and options appraisals.
- Stakeholder management and coordination of planning applications.
- Drafting and negotiating heads of terms, and option & lease agreements.
- Completing detailed investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of energy assets.
- Managing and coaching junior members of the team.
- Attending industry events & drafting press articles and publications to promote and develop business.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking a member of RICS or similar professional body, ideally RICS Registered Valuer. The Energy Specialist will hold excellent project management and people management skills, with experience of advising and managing clients across multiple projects, including negotiating terms. Relevant experience and achievements in the energy sector is important along with sound knowledge of energy technologies and the various technical and environmental constraints. Strong communication skills both written and verbal is required as well as being confident public speaker. A Full clean driving licence is required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm